92, Shyamaprasad Mukherjee Road. Kolkata. West Bengal. India. PIN - 700 026
The renowned mathematician Sir. Asutosh Mukherjee with a deep dream did establish this college. Asutosh College is affiliated underUniversity of Calcutta. The college has a rich heritage that contributes to its own culture. The College was built up in the year 1916 under the leadership of Sir Asutosh Mukherjee, the famous mathematician, educationist and the then Vice-Chancellor of the University of Calcutta. The College was then known as South Suburban College and was housed at a rented premise.
When Sir Asutosh passed away in 1924, the college was renamed after him.
The Asutosh College shifted to its current location in 1935. The present college building has a premise of forty thousand square feet and more than fifty classrooms which can contain about 4000 students. Twenty-eight subjects are taught as Honors/Major/Vocational at the Undergraduate level.
In the year 2002, a post graduation course in Environmental Science was introduced.Post graduate courses in Applied Geology,Bengali,Computer and Information Science,Geography,Zoology are introduced in between 20009 and 2014.In 2013 Add-on courses in Hospital waste disposal management,Industrial Chemistry and Travel & tourism introduce. All the departments have their own libraries and well-organized laboratories for Science departments.
For Admission to First Year B.A./B.Sc. (Hons./General/Major), B.B.A.(Hons.), B.Voc. Programme, Diploma and Advanced Diploma Courses.
1. Lists of candidates selected for admission along with waiting lists will be displayed on College Notice Board and Website on the date notified.
2. Candidate selected for admission must Print Admission Form and fees payment voucher from College Website.
3. Fill-in the form correctly, attach attested photocopy of all the necessary documents :
i. Mark sheet of H.S. or equivalent examination.
ii. Proof of date of birth.
iii. Caste, tribe or disability certificate from competent authority.
iv. Domicile certificate, if applicable.
v. Proof of Residence-Ration Card/ Voter's Identity Card/Aadhaar Card/ Passport).
vi. 4 copies of passport size coloured photograph.
4. Get the forms verified with all original documents by the respective Department
5. After verification collect ADMIT order from Principal's office.
6. You can pay your admission fee through online (debit card, credit card & net banking) (for pay online click here) or deposit the fees in the bank through fees payment voucher in CASH/ DD/ PAY ORDER. For Bank of India - in favour of "Asutosh College",Bank of Baroda - in favour of "Asutosh College Admission",Central Bank of India - in favour of "Asutosh College Development Fee Account" and United Bank of India - in favour of "Asutosh College", all payable at Kolkata after final verification .
7. Registration Form: Each student must have to submit filled-in Calcutta University Registration Form (available at the college officeonly after payment of fees in the bank) during his/her admission, failing which his/her admission is liable to be cancelled.
8. Filled-in Registration Form along with Admission Form are to be submitted in college office to get the Roll No. with Fees Book and Identity Card.
9. Submit your college Roll No. to the respective Department after admission.
10. Taking Admission within stipulated date is mandatory failing which the candidature will be cancelled.
11. Students, already enrolled in another College, should get their Admission cancelled from the previous college, before collecting Admission form.
12. Wait-listed candidates for honours courses are advised to keep-in touch with respective Departments and go through the website notification for information regarding current position in admission list.
More details available at http://www.asutoshcollege.in/
©2017. EducationBengal.in . All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Pixel Solutionz
All efforts have been made to make the information as accurate as possible. EducationBengal.in or its alliances will not be responsible for any damage caused by inaccuracy in the information available on this website.